Anything "wrong" with this screw inside my Remora holster?

taymag

I understand this will scratch the gun overtime, I am fine with that. I don't want to sew the screw spot (instead of a screw) though because there's a chance of string coming loose and that's a safety issue in my opinion

Is there a better way to do this? The screw picture shows whats on the inside of the holster.

carry2_zpskhjdtsks.jpg

carry1_zpsji67urae.jpg

Take a piece of adhesive loop velcro. Cut it just slightly larger then the crew head, and apply it to the screw head.

I'd agree with the soft side adhesive Velcro, but would make a longer strip (2" long) in the direction of your holstering the firearm.

Maybe dip it in the rubberize paint stuff you see on commercials? I wouldn't want my gun getting scratched because of a poor holster design

That's why I asked if the screw was rubbing on the gun and had scratched it already. If that is the case then you're looking at a poor holster design. If the holster is made for the gun that you are putting in it then no screw should rub on it to the point of scratching.

A small piece of metal backed tape should be a recurring fix to that. You can get this at any hardware store. Alternately have the manufacturer send you a coated flat head screw.

tipoc

The Remora is designed to not need a belt clip for retention.

Either carry it without the clip or buy a holster with a clip that was actually designed properly.

Back