ANYONE WANT A MOVIE OF THEIR BARREL?

Hey, this could be VERY useful! I was told by a European shooter that they have a fix for Ruger Mini 14/30 inaccuracy. Supposedly, when the gas hole is drilled into the barrel, it "puches" into the barrel and leaves some metal around the whole that extends into the barrel and effects accuracy. Could you do this to a Mini 14 and see if it is true? According to this European shooter, they always lapp the barrel in order to wear away this excess material.

Thanks for any help,
Gino

PS I see Pinellas in your email. If you are in Florida, I could maybe drive on over if needed! I live about two hours away.

[This message has been edited by Gino (edited October 31, 1999).]

I have a mini-14. Maybe that's why my older mini shot better than my newer mini. I'm in St.Pete. I'm thinking of offering this as a service. Have you ever seen a 2.2lb trigger on a mini? Makes a big difference in accuracy.I did mine. Also worked my 22/45's trigger: almost no takeup and no overtravel; what a difference!

christian - does Protech ring a bell?

LL -aka- Shannon

[This message has been edited by LightningLink (edited November 03, 1999).]

Wow, talk about small world.

Yeah, I worked with you (well, kinda). I was (and still am) a programmer here. You, myself and David went shooting at Wyoming Antelope Club once. I had the two AR's, Beretta & Walther (however I've expanded that collection since then - M1A, Moss 590, traded Walther .380 for Beretta .380 plus I'm building a third AR from parts).

I'm trying to organize the "Central FL Purple Rifle Shoot" over at AR-15.com (Meetings and Events forum). Maybe you could pop in over there and see what you think. Perhaps throw in some input regarding the range selection.

LL

Oh Yeah, the shy dude! Well you ain't so shy on the net. Well I caught the AR bug, I have an OLD Sp-1. Send me e-mail : cosmo@pinellas.com, ICQ, 2751350

Back