anyone use the Nikon BDC rimfire?

I have a Vortex BDC reticle on my Marlin.... The stadia lines really are handy. They're not dead nuts holds (how could they ever be?).. But that reference point sure helps a lot.

~Mark

I use Nikons with BDC reticle a almost exclusively on my rifles along with the Spot On app and enjoy it.

The Rimfire series is on my to-buy list for my .22LRs.

I have a Monarch on my .280. The BDC works perfectly with the loads I was shooting a few years ago (Hornady Light Magnum). I zeroed for 100 yards, then checked at 250 (aiming right between the 200 and 300 circles) and then checked at 400 yards. It was dead on. I haven't checked it with the loads I'm using now, but you can't "tweak" it to make it work. You just have to see at what power it all "comes together" at.

Born2climb, using their app, you can select from most factory loadings or input your component bullet and muzzle velocity and it will calculate the ranges for your circles, or even the intersections of the top and bottom of each circle. And it will do that for all your power selections. So yes, you can "tweak" it.

Back