Anyone Try Uni-Dot??

Gary H

??? Any cross-dominant mutants try one of these gadgets? How goes it? Thinking of using it for shooting clays.

http://www.uni-dot.com/

These sights differ from others in that they can't be viewed from the side, thus forcing you to use your properly aligned eye. So goes the description.

Last edited:
I was interested in the fiber optic sights like UniDot, and tried one recently. While some folks swear by them, and a lot of the older shooters I do trap with like them, I thought it distracted me and lost my focus on the clay.At the same time, if I thought it could make me into a two eyed shooter, I'd still have it on the TB.

If you can stand to lose $20 if it's wrong for you,go ahead and get one. A cheap gamble....

Giz, a lot of folks like them for HD, including me.My HD tools have the front beads painted up with Testor's enamel in a Bright Yellow color. Fast acquisition, yet precise when needed.

Lots of crisis situations occur in low light, a set of sights(whatever works for that shooter) one can see is of paramount importance,IMO.

One could argue that at typical HD ranges, sights are superflous. Good form and fit should pretty much put the lead where one looks.Being the cautious type in these matters, my HD SGs will have sights, and they will be used.

I do regard the plain brass bead most utility shotguns have as the worst low light sight, but people do good work with them.

At least one shooting instructor I know of recommends these sights for people with eye dominance problems.

I have seen many of these sights at the local Clays range, they seem to be popular with Sporting Clays shooters. Like everything else, you either like them or not.

Get the type that affixes with a magnet, so it can be removed if you decide you can live without it. Clays shooters are always trying new gadgets, and often buy items like this to try out. Often you can pick up "used" items when the original purchaser goes on to the newest fad, if money is a problem.

Geoff Ross

Back