Anyone try the sticky holster??

KLCane

I have heard that they actually work well for IWB in addition to fitting well in the pocket. I'm a bit leery of not having a clip on my holster.

We sell a lot of them and people have been pleased. You need to wash them periodically to restore the "stickiness".

I carried a 642 in one for quite a while. Mainly in my pocket but I slipped it into my waist band on occasion and it always held in place. I found myself checking it continuously throughout the day because I knew in the back of my mind that I didn't have anything more substantial holding in my waist band other than friction. That bothered me to no end and I ended up changing it out for a kydex holster my buddy made that clipped to my belt. I can honestly say it never fell out under any of my day to day activities but once again I didn't carry it iwb often. Not sure if that helped but it may give you a little insight.

For these style of holsters I prefer Remora holsters. I think they are of a little better material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it has a lot to do with your body build.

My son, 6'1" w/33" waist, uses one IWB all the time with no problem. And he is very active.

A person with extra meat around the middle, not so well.

I have one for my Sig 238 ... works great. The ‘wing’ on the holster does more to release the gun from the holster when drawing the gun as it catches on the edge of the pocket.

So much easier to drop that into my pocket vs a IWB or OWB holster. And so much more comfortable driving.

But, while sitting, it is not the easiest to draw. Has its advantages and disadvantages.

I have and have been impressed.

Before I introduced them to the women in my Ladies Firearm Safety and Self Defense class I had my wife try it.

Wearing yoga pants, or leggings (what ever they are called) the put her Smith 642 in the holster and tucked it in the waste ban. If you ever saw such pants you know there isnt much of a wast ban, just some elastic. She's a skinny little thing, but still when she danced around the gun/holster stayed in place.

Other girls in my class have tried them and like them.

I've had a few clip-less Remoras. They worked 95% of the time.
But, because of that other 5%, I've gone to clip holsters. ...Though half of them are still Remoras.

That "other 5%":
Too sweaty. Too dirty/dusty. Too vigorous of activity. Wrong pants/belt to work right.

I have a Remora, and my wife has one, too. I use mine mostly for pocket carry, with occasional use as an IWB, and it has never given me a problem. I don't wear it IWB all day, though, and both of the pistols we use them with are Sig P238s, pretty small. My wife uses hers IWB quite a bit, and says it stays put quite well.

My only experience with bigger guns is second-hand. My daughter has one for her Beretta PX4 Compact and said it was stable. A friend had the same report with the same pistol.

Basically, they work way better than I expect. As someone else mentioned, the stickiness decreases a bit with time. Simple washing didn't help mine, or at least not enough. I scrubbed it with dish soap and an old toothbrush and it went back to like-new, though.

I've got two Remoras that I used for a while, and they're not awful. What I found for me though is that they add a lot more bulk to the gun then something comparable in kydex or leather, so that I don't like them personally unless I'm using them in a pocket where I do think they can work well.

I have a few for pocket carry and they work well, my daughter also uses Sticky holsters, neither of us would consider them for IWB use without a clip of some kind.

I've used one with a Smith and Wesson 642. It stayed put in my pocket when drawing the gun. But as stated, drawing while seated requires me to straighten my leg, so I don't use it if I know I'll be sitting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I've used a remora with a clip. For me the clip isn't needed as best I can tell. I still prefer owb carry in a thumbbreak pancake style holster. That just my style. I don't care about not printing, I've found that the overwhelming vast majority of society doesn't notice. Plus I open carry on occasions (duty carry when I'm not plain clothes duty) so I need the retention.

I heard of a sticky holster in Seattle, a security guard had to pull sidearm and couldn't due to spilt soft drink gluing the duty arm and holster together.

Follow-up was she was given a taser is a shoulder holster for accessibility and cleanliness..

We have sold well over 500 of them at the shop I work at. ( Maybe over 1000 ) It's a (very) rare case where we hear a complaint from an actual owner/buyer.
I own and use 2 myself for my Walther PPS, S&W 360 and S&W BG380.
What I like best is the versatility. That lack of clip allows me to wear in Kidney , small of the back or pocket positions. For $27, they are quite a bargain!

I use the remora for my G42. I also have one of their mag pouches and like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the one that like compresses onto the gun from the pants or something?
If so that seems kinda sketchy to me and I wouldn't trust it.

Back