Anyone tried Brownell's teflon spray on finishes??

Lefty

Have heard that Brownell's has a spray-on teflon finish that you spray on then cure in your oven. Has anyone tried this??

Tight groups !!

Lefty, they actually have 3 products like that. Teflon, lacquer and gunkote. I haven't tried the gunkote yet but the other two work fine. Just follow the directions on the can. After the degreasing step, preheat the parts to 100 deg prior to applying. This causes the spray to dry on contact and eliminates runs. George

Yes indeed, I have used it on both steel and alum parts, and am very pleased. It is important to do a very spiffy cleaning job on the parts, and I always vibrate finish them with medium grit abrasive to give the surface some "tooth" to better accept the paint. The finish is not unlike that of the Rem 870 Express shotguns, and seems to be very servicable in use. I use it for small runs of parts, rather than the more expensive (and quite frankly better) powder coating. If I have enough parts to make it worthwhile, I'll opt for powder coat, but that starts at $50 minimum and goes up from there. So the Guncoat gets used often...

One final word of advice. If you have a wife, better to do it in someone else`s oven before you face the wrath of She who must be obeyed.

Back