Anyone shoot with a Tang Sight???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Blackhawk

Does anyone shoot with a tang sight? Also, is it just target shooting are do you use them to hunt also?

I am thinking about putting one on my Marlin 1895 45-70 and just wanted to know your opinions.

Also, I think the tang sights look much better, but the Ashley sights seem to be nice.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Judge Blackhawk

------------------
Gun Control is the acceptance of the death of the innocent victim in exchange for the life of the criminal perpetrator.

I use a tang sight on my Rolling Block. But right now only have access to 100 yd range. I'm basically looking through the rear aperture then through the buckhorn.

Never used one.
After reading Jack O'Conner's terrible story about how one of these took out an a unwary and newly wed bride's eye out on her honeymoon back in the 30's (?), I have been paranoid about them ever since. Probably just a tick of mine.

I use a tang sight on my .45-70 Sharps replica. That in combination with the globe front sight make for very precise sighting.

A good tang sight will pivot fore and aft on its base for ease in storage and transportation. A side benefit is that on recoil, if it should jump back into your face (as i experience once in a while) it will lay down rather than gouge your head. After a few bumps, you learn better head placement.

Noban

I use tang sights on 2 Mod. 1899 Savages and on a mod. 375 Marlin. I like them and they look great. Never had a problem. Would like to put one on my Browning 1886 in 45-70 but hate to drill it.
TD

I've shot two rifles, a Marlin 1894 Cowboy, and an old Winchester .38-55, with tang sights. I found them very uncomfortable to shoot as it was very difficult to get a proper grip around the stock, where the tang was attached. I wouldn't like one on my rifles. FWIW. J.B.

Moved to the Cowboy Forum, as many of the BP and late reproduction arms use the Tang system(s) for longer ranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back