Anyone SBR a Sig 556 pistol?

Therapydude2

Inactive
I just picked up a new Sig 556 pistol and I want to SBR it. I have been through the process once with an AR, so I feel pretty comfortable as for what to do (regarding ATF Form 1). Just wondering what stock you all have put on this weapon. I'm leaning toward the Magpul UBR, but I'm just not sure if that would be the best choice. I don't really want a Sig side-folder. I would appreciate any input on this subject. Also, if anyone out there has put a Magpul UBR on a Sig 556 pistol, could you give me the overall weapon length with stock extended (not counting flash hider) for my form 1. Thanks!

No one should ever ask "why" in a gun forum. Sounds a lot like politicians asking us why we "need" something. The guy wants to SBR a 556 pistol because it would be a cool thing to do. No other reason is necessary.

Now, back to topic.. I have seen a few 556s converted in the last few months. They look great but they have all been side folding stocks. In my opinion, the side folding stock is the best thing the platform has going for it.

I decided to go with the Magpul UBR for my stock. In the end, just couldn't go with a side-folder. I know the UBR is heavy, but the 556 pistol is front heavy, so maybe it will balance it out. To be honest, I just thought the UBR looked cool.

With regard to pics, give me about 90 days. Just dropped my Form 1 in the mail on Monday. Needed to pick a stock so I could figure overall length for said form. Of course, after I get my stamp, I'll then have to find a UBR. Saw one on e-bay for about $400. Hopefully I can find one at a decent price when the time comes.

Sig 556 Swat Sbr

I recieved my stamp on March 30th. I submitted the form 1 on Dec. 6th.

Attachments

• DSC03409.jpg
    DSC03409.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 6,235
  • DSC03407.jpg
    DSC03407.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 5,455
Great looking gun! I have always secretly wanted one of those. If you don't mind me asking, where did you pick yours up?

And I really like this:
No one should ever ask "why" in a gun forum. Sounds a lot like politicians asking us why we "need" something.

True words. Very true.

Wow, thats a very nice looking rifle. Dang it, another thing to add to the "when I get rich and famous" list... Hows it shoot?

received my stamp back at the end of march :cool:

still waiting on the troy rail and a few other parts to finish it up :(

the ubr balances out the 556 nicely and fits the lines of the receiver pretty good.as soon as my ace folder gets here i'll be trying a ctr on it,if i like the folder i'll have a ubr for sale in the near future ;)

gratuitous pics now :D

pb2.jpg

pb3.jpg

Now why did you have to do that to me? I promised my self I wouldn't buy any new rifles this year and you have to twist my arm and make me buy a Sig 556 pistol to SBR. Thanks jerk! Why are you making me do this?:);)

Back