anyone own or know about the Amai Sport?

captdan555

Inactive
I'm looking for a Sharps and like many here am not all that up on spending $3000 and waiting a long time for a Shiloh. Ran across one of the "Italian" Sharps made by Amai sport - sold by Taylor and co. Thought if anyone would know it would be you guys here.....
Any info, good/bad, or anyone that has one would even be better....

Captdan

I think you mean Armi Sport. I haven't seen their Sharps replicas, but I have owned several Spencer replicas made by Armi Sport and imported by Taylor's. Fit and finish were great, but they didn't function too well. Both had lots of problems with jamming that never could be solved.

Davide Pedersoli is the Italian maker with the best reputation as far as Sharps replicas go. If you can't afford a Shiloh or a C. Sharps, then Pedersoli is usually the recommendation. Armi Sport isn't generally considered to be quire as good as Pedersoli, but I'm sure there are some guys out there who are very happy with their Armi Sports.

They shoot and look just fine.

I have the Armi Sport (Taylor's) 1874 Sharps Business Rifle model, and I've managed to get the rifle to shoot 3 rounds inside an inch at 100 yards with my black powder handloads. It ain't a $2-5K Shiloh Sharps or C. Sharps, but it gives me a warm fuzzy each time I pull the set triggers:

sharps1874bench.jpg

sharpsgroup.jpg

good shooting.... I noticed that you have a globe front. I also noticed that none on the Taylor webpage seem to offer this option... is this an after market item???:confused:

When I bought my 1874 Sharps from the local distributor...

There were three of the same rifles available for me to choose from. All three of them had the globe front/long-range vernier rear sights, plus a silver blade replacement front sight in a ziploc bag. In the box with the rifle was a package of globe sight inserts.

I was just at the store the other day to pick up some Goex Cartridge black powder and some more 500gr swaged spitzers. He still had one of the rifles on the wall, same price, same accessories.

http://www.buffalobillsshootingstore.com/bpcr.html

Back