Anyone own a Uberti 1860 Henry Rifle?

Rockrivr1

If you do, how do you like it? Looking at one imported by Navy Arms and the action is pretty smooth. Plus it's sharp looking with the brass receiver and octagon bbl. Much better then the Rossi I have. It's in 45 LC, which I have plenty of so I'm definitely interested. Reviews seem to be very good as well. Wonder what people though who had one or if you think there is a better option for the price I'd be interested in knowing what it is as well.

I got the steel frame version... love it.

I looked at both the Henry and the Uberti versions. Most people didn't see the Henry being so much better in quality... especially for the price difference. A few CAS guys told me that the Uberti was a little better with high use... so take it how you will.

I wanted to get the Henry, to support a NJ company, but just wasn't in the cards in regards to price.

Agreed. The price seems fair compared to what I am getting. Though I can see throwing a lot of money at her when looking at the short stroke kit and hardened screws.

I had one in .45 LC and liked it a lot. But when I decided to go with black powder I wished I had bought a .44-40 instead; a much better BP design. But if all you shoot is smokeless the Henry in long colt is a great gun.

I've had mine for about 8 years now. it's also in .45 colt. I love mine. Put and Marbles Tang site on it. I have shot some Black powder loads, and yes it is fairly messy. Cleans up nice with Moose milk(Ballistol and water) solution though.

They appear very nice. I've handled them but never fired one. I do not like the ruby red shellack style paint they slather all over the furniture, that the Italian repro makers seem to have an inordinate fondness for. I would love to have one in .44-40 for a good price, and would probably strip the stock and refinish it to look more like what an original would have had.

The Henry Repeating Arms 1860 looks incredibly well done as well, but from reports they don't shoot or function much better, if at all, over the Ubertis. They do look nicer though and have properly finished American walnut, but cost many hundreds of dollars more than the already expensive Uberti.

Have one in 44-40, shoot my own handload of black powder and a 200 grain Mav-Dutchman bullet. I don't use it for CAS competition because I forget about the follower moving down the mag tube and hanging up on my supporting hand. But it's great fun for making smoke and recreational shooting.

Mine is also in 44-40 and I filed the front sight to dead center hold at fifty yards, so right on at 50 to 100 yards. My Uberti / Henry hangs over the fireplace along side of an original Trapdoor Carbine and Winchester low wall in 44-40 (half round half octagon barrel) makes for a warm winter night.

Back