Anyone out there got an 1855 Pistol Carbine???

Blammer

Got 1 on a whim since I don't have any .58 cal. handguns and this big horsepistol looked like a FUN shooter:D Takes a .58/500gr Mine' Ball, but haven't got the moulds yet... only .58 Sabots holding .44 pistol bullets avilable locally:( Oh yeah, comes with a detachable shoulder stock, which adds to the :cool: cool factor:) I think a full facemask is in order considering the bore and the 12" barrel.:rolleyes:

Anyone got/shot 1 of these???

Thanks for the Tip!

Only lead I had so far is Lee moulds:) More Details:confused: = Well, It's BIG!= 12" blued round barrel, swivel ramrod, hinged rear sight set for 25 & 50yds (Meters???) Brass furniture, casehardened lock, trigger & hammer, looks to take a Musket cap. Sling swivels on the barrel and the detachable stock. OAL With stock attached = 26.5", wt.= about 5.5lbs +/- a couple oz.
Blew off a 7/4 :D :D :D blank charge of 25gr FFFg behind flattened out .54cal wad = MUCH BOOM! & Smoke???- Oh MY! Got to get a pound of FFg & some proper caps;) This is going to be FUN!!!

the only fly in the ointment may be that the guns are made by Palmetto Arms company. It might be a good idea to look up the harpers ferry pistol carbine on the dixie gunworks site and read the customer reviews. then look at others made by Palmettto such as the lincoln derringer, the root revolver and the whitney.

Back