Anyone mod a maverick 88?

CARBiNOX

Inactive
I have a 18.5 inch mav 88. I want to get a hogue forends. I know I need to get an action slide tube from a 500. But I don't know what to buy. I called Mossberg gave them my serial # the rep said I need a 6 3/4 tube. I measured my pump it's 7 3/4. Hogue forends are for 7 3/4 or you can use a 6 5/8 -3/4 but with a adapter nut. My question is can't I just buy a 7 3/4 tube and call it a day????? Please help!

Isn't the Maverick a shotgun? If it is you might want to post this in the shotgun forum. Those guys are more familiar with shotgun needs.

Not quite. It is very similar, some parts interchange, but not all. The 88 is the budget version of the 500.

CARBiNOX, have you taken down your Mav88 to look at the specific parts on your shotgun? It is a simple design and pretty easy to disassemble. On some Mavericks, the forend is pinned and the action slide tube is molded into the forend. On others, the forend has a retaining nut and can be further disassembled into the forend grip, the action slide tube, and retaining nut.

Follow the link posted above by T. O'Heir and read what it says about the Maverick 88 with a 7-3/4" metal tube type action bars.

- Maverick model 88. May require replacement of action bars (slide tube) with 7 ¾” “metal tube” type

Try calling Hogue at the 800 number at the bottom of that page. You may not need a tube.

You may want to look at this.

Last edited:
Back