Anyone make a revolver in .45 ACP?

If you like 45 ACP, you gotta get a S&W 625. You can get 3, 4, or 5 inch barrels if you look hard enough.

You will love this gun... its one of the best DA revolvers ever made.

Or.....SnW .45 Hand Ejector (Model Of 1917)
Or.....SnW Brazilian Contract of 1937
Or.....SnW Model 25
Or.....SnW Model 26

Lots of choices of nice older Pre-Agreement guns.

Sam

Hi, Hand Rifle Guy,

A lot of Webleys, especially the Mk VI, were converted to use the .45ACP with half moon clips, and they will also use the .45 Auto Rim. BUT, they are not strong enough for any long term use with .45ACP factory ammo or equivalent, as the .45ACP has a higher velocity and pressure than the original .455 ammo. The gun will suffer battering at the lock and will gradually stretch. If using one, it is best to load the .45ACP or .45AR down to .455 pressures and use lead bullets.

Jim

Jim brings up major safety point.

If shootin Webley converted to .45ACP, oughtta either use .455 Webley (NOT .455 Colt) loading data....or back off the .45ACP bout 20 percent.

Webleys deserve TLC.

Sam

I just got done cleaning my S&W 25 (6") that I shot this weekend for the first time in a year or so. I threw it in my range bag along with 96 clipped rounds of forgotten loading just for variety.

I put the first 24 rounds though a ragged 2" hole at 10 yards before I got a flyer and I don't shoot very well.

With all the whiz-bang guns on the market, the classics can get forgotten.

Moonclips forever!

One of my favorite big-bore boomsticks is my *&* Model 25, made in the late 1960s, with a 6 1/2" barrel:

sw25case.jpg

Not real good for CCW, but a fine and fun range gun and plinker. Also, the finish is the most beautiful blue I've ever seen on a handgun, and that includes the Royal Blue stuff from Colt.

You can find them at gun shows for around $450-500, where the commando crowd usually passes them up 'cause they're not tactical enough.

Heh...

A gentleman brought that 25-2 into the shop to trade in on a Bushmaster. Lendringser was standing right there when the guy dragged it out of his range bag. I started going over the gun, noting the pinned, 6.5" tube (worth a premium on this model) and lendringser nearly passed out from anticipation.

If he could have been a bit more nonchalant, he might've got it cheaper. ;)

Our 'smith, an extremely unruffled individual, did the customary trigger voodoo on the gun, and told lendringser "If you ever decide to sell it, let me know". That's the highest complement I've ever heard the man pay a gun. ;)

Back