Anyone know much about Kimber 357

JDinAZ

Inactive
So I just snagged a Kimber K6S out here on the street for a great price. About an hour ago. Didn't research it at all and probably should have. Saw one of the other Kimber models in a store the other day for 1000 bucks so I figured I got a good deal on this one.

Have they had any problems with these. It seems like a very nice little gun, the action and lockwork feel smooth.

Tried to upload a pic from cell but it won't load. I'll throw one on here when I get to my pc

I have one--couldn't get a new Cobra, so I bought the Kimber. Six shots (essential), very smooth trigger (very important).

There have been a few reports, I think very isolated , about the trigger not resetting every time. Try it out.

By the way, I do not use magnum ammunition in mine.

I have one. Great shooter. I have tried 125 gr and 158 gr 357 Magnums. Easily hits the plates out to 25 yards. I didn't try it at 50 yards, yet but I'm sure it's doable.

It is set up with combat shooting where you cover the target with the front sight. At least that's how I shoot it.

Pocket carries like a J frame 640.

Great trigger.

Last edited:
I like my K6s quite a lot. The only trouble I have had with it was a little rust under the rubber grips from sweat. That's on me for not taking the grips off and wiping it down on a more regular basis.

Is anyone selling aftermarket sights for the K6s yet?

So I finally got a chance to shoot this thing. Been too busy to get to it. Its a nice piece overall. Handles 357 well and fairly accurate for a snub. Sort of heavy for the size but I'm used to the Air weight Smith's. It'll make a good BUG for my main CC 329PD till I get a wild hare and trade it for a clean 340PD.

792ffd2765bccb797413a17ef1460ec9

I might be interested in one. I liked them from the get go, but living in California, had little hope they would be available, but lo and behold, Kimber somehow got them on the roster, so they are at least available to buy if I can find one. Haven't even seen one ever at any gun shops, and probably will have to purchase online and import it in to my FFL for purchase which will raise the price some.
I just called Kimber and they said only the first generation models are approved, but not the latest 3" one.

Can someone please take a photo of their without the grips on it. I would like to see what the frame looks like as I would make some nice wood grips for one if I got it.

I have had mine for a few months. Just yesterday I ran 150 rounds through it and shot out to 25 yds. I can find nothing to complain about. It has totally replaced my 640Pro as a carry gun. I own a 340PD but I only pocket carry that gun as followup shots are far more difficult with a ultra lightweight snubbie.
I have heard stories about trigger reset but I am sure this is a user error thing. The Kimber has an unbelievably smooth trigger but it may take a bit of training to understand it has to be cycled properly.

I don't like the way it fits my hand. I have nothing negative to say about , just don't like the feel. I love the concept though.

Back