Anyone know anything about Charles Daily Semi-Auto's in 12 gauge?

Redsnake97

I appreciate the knowledge that can be given here and since I'm new to this board I wanted to ask your opinions of the Charles Daily 12 gauge semi-auto. I'm in the market to add a semi-auto 12 gauge to my collection and I don't really want to outlay over $400 cash for a new gun.. if possible. I was looking at the Remington 1100 or the Charles Daily. I like the 1100, but would like the availability to shoot 3" magnums for Turkey and Goose hunting.

Would I be wasting my money on the Charles Daily or should I save up and buy a Remington 11-87 or Beretta for around $550? Thanks for your suggestions.

Thanks,
Eric

I bought a Charles Daly semi-auto 12 gauge for Christmas mainly because the shotgun fit me very well. I have put a few hundred rounds through it, everything from light field loads to turkey magnums, and I have had exactly one malfunction. The next shell didn't quite chamber, which I fixed by a light tap on the bolt handle. That happened when I was experimenting, alternating light and heavy mags and hadn't cleaned it for a few shooting sessions. Other than that I put it through its paces and it came out shining. Wal-mart had them for under $300, and for the money they are a heck of a shotgun. I have also ellicited feedback on the Daly on a few other boards, and feedback has been very positive.

Back