Anyone hunt with a shooting stick - revolver

Dano4734

Been wondering. I never used one.. How good or bad are they for deer hunting when posting with a big bore revolver. Any one have experience with one

I tried one once. I could never get it to drop to the right height the first time due to the uneven ground so I was either trying to shoot from an odd stance or trying to adjust it while the deer became more and more wary. With practice I'm sure you could minimize that but I'd rather lean against a tree or somethin.

I have one with the three feet. It's fairly stable, but if I were going to lug that around, then I'd as soon use a rifle, instead.

Instagram: MuzzleblastMD

I don't like the monopod stick. It controls up and down movement but seems to accentuate side-to-side movement. Instead, I used a Cabelas brand collapsible bipod type sticks. It is kind of like the bipod Primos Trigger stick but without the trigger collapsibility (which from on-line reviews looks kind of weak).

I'd rather just get my wood hiking staff and walk with it (very useful on uneven ground.) And then use it as my shooting stick.

Deaf

Be careful where you place your arms with the barrel/cylinder gap. I have never used the shooting sticks but have thought about a time or two. Just never had the need after my bum ankle, hunting stands for me now.

I bought a short one that looks good for sitting, I will give it a try as it was cheap. If it doesn't work I am only out 15 bucks

I been wanting to hog hunt for years. We don't have any where I live
But I been wwanting to take a trip down south and try.. Never hunted them

Back