Anyone here use a Liberty Fatboy or Fatboy jr. safe??

folsoh

Anyone here use a Liberty Fatboy or Fatboy jr. safe??

Or have any opinions about them???

Realistically how many long guns most with scopes does it hold???

Depending on a couple of factors. The size of your scopes, the size of your rifles and the way you position everything in there. Also, we learned a big space saving trick: if you remove that piece in the safe that is installed to set your rifles into and use rifle rods, you can get more rifles in there. For us, we have found that whatever it's advertised to hold, we get about half that, maybe 1 or 2 less. (Using just the side of the safe allotted for rifles.)

Now for handguns, that is where we learned you can really maximize on getting more in there than one might think. If you notice, they only come with 3 shelves, plus the top and then the bottom of the safe. We needed more handgun space so we asked about getting 2 additional shelves from Liberty when we purchased our safe. Since the shelves are all adjustable, we just arranged them all to even heights at spaces just enough for our guns to fit hanging on handgun hangers. So now we have 6 shelves (including the top) to hang guns from and then the full top shelf to add more guns (we put a long rack up there).

I have a fatboy JR but I really only have a few scoped rifles in it, my best guess would be 30-35 scoped rifles, that would be increased with the use of rifle rods.
I'll also add that it's kinda a pain to get stuff from the back row when loaded to near capacity, I can only imagine the Fatboy would be worse.

I have a FatBoy JR. It will hold more guns then advertised, depending on the gun, scopes, etc. But they are stacked in like cordwood.

Plus, the rifle you want to use on a given day, will be in the back and you have to unload the safe to get at it.

To solve my problem, I have three safes. Much more manageable.

But in my opinion its an excellent safe. Management of the safe (any safe) is the key, plus of course, how many guns you have, and how they are set up.

Back