Anyone here have a Square Bridge Magnum CZ/BRNO 602 action??

MAD DOG

I have a question about the left side of the action, right behind the front ring.
Is yours hogged out to a smaller diameter down the length to the front of the rear ring, and is it done very poorly?
Mine shows some pretty bad machine work there, and I am trying to figure out whether it came from the factory that way or was altered after the fact.
Its going to take quite a bit of work to get it smoothed out, and it may be more economical to get one that has not yet been altered, if possible....

I previously posted this in the Art Of The Rifle, but no responses.

Thanks,
Mad Dog

I looked in Haas's Bolt Action Rifles and didn't see anything like what you are describing. The underside of the action is suppose to be ruff or have grooves in it to bit into the stock during recoil. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

I have one of these rifles in .375 H&H Magnum and it is pretty well done. However, I've seen others as you describe -- some do come from the factory that way.

Here in Sweden (as elsewhere in Europe and Africa) they are popular actions, but usually need a bit of a gunsmith's care and polishing.

jpb

Back