Anyone here have a Remington 770? - THIS IS A MUST READ

I'm glad they recognized the 710 for the **** it was and refined it. though the styling doesn't do anything for me so I'd probably never get one anyway.

They forgot to mention the stock is a hollow POS. The 770 is junk, you can get a used 700 or Savage for that amount of money.

I had a friend whose son bought a 770 from WalMart. It was junk, and he ended up getting his money back. The plastic stock was not stiff enough and the barrel would not shoot accurately.
Jerry

So..., what do you guys think about the article itself?

Well-written, comprehensive, a waste of time, etc...

The article seems to have no bias. I see the 770 for what it is---a starter rifle or a truck and tractor rifle for a farmer to be carried a lot and shot a little. You do get what you pay for and firearms like this enable those who might not otherwise be able to afford it to get into shooting. As long as they are responsible, that's a good thing.

Yah, yah, everyone thinks they're cheap junk rifles.

Because they are, mostly. First rifle, truck or tractor gun, etc... you can still get a new stevens or used 700 or savage for that price that will be a far better alternative.

As for the article, I thought it was done pretty well with no bias.

Thanks guys, I tried to be as unbiased as possible.

Should be a solid start to a series of the same, I'm going to get together a Remington Nylon article next I think.

I appreciate this info. as I was going to trade for a 710 at a pawn shop. This sealed it for me. I'll pass. Don't need a the headaches, at be stuck with a junker.

I'd thought that I might rebarrel it, but that's impossible. It seems that it's a throw away rifle. Pretty much a waste of money, time an effort.

Back