Anyone hear of a .31 snake eyes derringer?

dgray64

It's made by CMC. Its solid brass with plastic, ivory like, grips. Its heavy with two hammers and one trigger. Do you know anything about CMC? What's it worth?

100_2530.jpg

100_2529.jpg

Thanks,

Dave :)

Classic made them. They used to sell finished pistols but only kits now(to my knowledge)I'd say a used one might bring 50-75 bucks if you could find somebody that wanted it. I've got a twister made by Classic back when they were selling them finished. Not much good for anything.

I have one of those that I bought when I was 16 back in the mid 70's. Mine is a smooth bore 36 cal (you sure it isn't 36 cal?). They haven't gone up much in price since then and can still be purchased as a kit on several websites ($75 is about right). It sure is a heavy little sucker! My father bought one shortly after I did and it is still unassembled.

The barrels mic out to .357. I don't know the caliber distinction. I was assuming .31 cal. Is there a breakdown of caliber dimensions? Thanks.

Dave :)

I believe that's a 36. I can't remember what I shot in mine years ago, but I think I used .35 balls with patches. Seem to remember shooting it at a tree from about 10 feet, and missed ;)

Back