Anyone have/tried the Taurus M380?

kymasabe

I'm intrigued by this tiny revolver and I'd like to know more about them. Anyone have any first hand knowledge of one? And why are they so d@mn expensive?

I shot one about a year ago. It had, hands down, the worst trigger of any revolver I ever shot. Cool size if you wanted to pocket carry, but I would stick with a .38 special snub rather than .380.

I'm a fan of .380 so I bought a used one in very good condition a couple of weeks ago for $275. It didn't have any moon clips with it and I was going to buy some TK Customs, but read it would fire without the clips. Trigger is heavy and found a couple of how to guides on-line for replacing the mainspring. Took it to range as I got it and placed the target out at 5 yards. Even with the heavy trigger, shots where centered but a few inches high. Trigger spring job would help a bunch, but this will not be a range gun. 1st 3 or 4 groups of five the empty brass came out really easy. Next few groups of 5 needed a rod to poke the empty brass out. I bought a pocket holster and it fits in my front pocket real nice. I'm happy with it.

I would not mind having one for my collection as I am a pocket gun enthusiast. Lol, I personally do not need a light crisp glass break trigger on a pocket gun. Yea, this one might be heavy, but with a little work, I bet it would be fine for carry.

And if it is stainless steel like the specs say, It would be a hell of a lot better than the cheap crappy aluminum mass produced Pocket guns out there. Especially the ones from the manufacture that ad reads "light Crisp Trigger".

Regardless here is a great review. In fact I love all of this guys reviews. He does a fine job. Watch his video on shooting this gun.

http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/2012/03/taurus-m380-review-and-range-report.html

www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=856&category=Revolver

Last edited:
Back