Anyone have experience with Federal barrels in a Glock?

mini14jac

I have noticed that Brownell's has Federal replacement barrels for Glocks for around $90.
Others cost $169 - 200.
I would like to get a replacement with a fully supported chamber for my Glock 23.
I would also like to add a 357 Sig barrel in the near future.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jack

I use a Federal .400 Cor-Bon barrel in my G30, with no problems. I have the extended, ported Federal barrel. There have been a lot of favorable posts on Glocktalk regarding the use of Federal barrels.

I don't think that you'll find the Federal barrel to be totally supported, but they do offer more chamber suppport than do factory Glock barrels.

I have one in a G21 and a G30 for shooting lead, and they work fine. Bar-Sto is the best, but Federal is the best buy.

Fed bbl.

I have a 40S&W bbl for my 32 and have put several hundred rounds through it with no problems. It is more accurate than I as with it I am able to bounce coke cans at 30yds with barricade support.

I would not hesitate to recommend them to others.

I use a Federal 357 Sig barrel in my 27. It fits tighter than the Glock barrel but I am very happy with it for as little as I shoot it.
From your post, I assume you have a concern about kB problems.
I don't think that the Federal barrel is fully supported. For slightly more money, I can heartily recommend the Jarvis barrel. Fully supported, finely made, most I have seen them sell for is $125, usually less. KKM is also very good. Top of the line is Barsto, but you will have a waiting time to get one, pay a premium price, and unless you are building a bullseye gun, you probably won't notice any difference.

David Berkowitz,
Do you have a dealer, website, etc. where I can find Jarvis barrels?
They want $185 at the Jarvis website.

Thanks much.
JP

I got a Fed. ported barrel for my
Beretta 92FS...
I was not impressed. Accuracy was
so far off I sold the barrel as
soon as I got it out of the gun.
My .02

Back