Anyone have an unusual serial number?

SaxonPig

Like 7777777 or 1234567 or 1271941? Something like that? I don't and I was just wondering what folks may have.

I once owned a Walther PP that's serial number was messed up at the factory. Only half of the last digit was stamped onto the side of the frame. The rest of the serial number was fine though. It was an early 1940's manufacture, so I'm guessing the factory had more important thing to worry about that serial number legibility at the time.

I've got a "civil war" Luger, the serial number is 1863 :D

does that count?

Nearly every combination of numbers has some sort of connection to something, somewhere, sometime, if you look at it the right way...

In October 2001, I pulled up behind a car at a stop sign, and noticed the license plate number was 911 ONO.

Clearly the plate predated the terrorist attack, but the connection was made in my mind. Prophetic? I doubt it, just coincidence, I think, still there was a connection that wouldn't have been there two months earlier.

I've had a few interesting ones, including some accidental low numbers (just luck of the draw).

70-something
And there's a rifle around here with a long serial number that's pallendromic with all eights and sixes (like 14 digits long). (I can't remember what it is, and my safes are inaccesible at the moment.)

The Chinese one-off Belgian-and-Spanish-proofed "FN Browning Mauser" is a fun one, with it's, "DARMESdBDARMESdBDARMESdBDARMESdBDARMESdBDARMESdB 1942".
The more forged markings you put on the firearm, the more believable they become! :D

Some time back, I received an NAA mini revolver from the factory. Added perlite grips and a custom serial number: Kathys22

:)

attachment.php

Of course, I also named the gun. It's Minnie Pearl.

pax

I seen three shotguns in a shop some years ago with all three the same Se. number by the same maker and same model .(all three legal numbers)

Also the guns were make years apart .

I bought an ar that the serial number was my street address, I figured it was an omen and I had to have it.

Closest I have is consecutive serial numbered HK P2000s that were not bought at the same time.
That one is odd! Any story to this? Seems horribly rare to just happen.

I sold an Ed Brown that was serial number "6666."

I also have a Norinco T213 that has an average serial number but what is quite cool is that the normal alpha characters on the slide which are obviously hand stamped each letter... the guy stamping that day got two out of order. My pistol says Norinco, made in Chian. Now, every single time I see a Norinco T213, whether it is on a table, in a display case or even a picture on the internet, I simply have to look and see if the same mistake was ever made... but I have never seen it anywhere except my pistol. :D

I bought a complete lower from a local manufacturer and realized during the transaction that the serial # was 666. I chuckled and told him I was surprised he didn't skip the number having religious literature at his table.

Edit: he said someone would want it. He was right. I sold it to a friend that absolutely had to have it.

Last edited:
I have a gun with a serial number that reads, after the alphabetical prefix, 747007.

It's simple to remember – I just think "jumbo jet with a license to kill." ;)

No story really. They both came from CDNN and my guess is the batch they got had come from a production run. I bought the second a couple months later and probably just got lucky.

I have one with the date my wife and I were married.

I told her I had to buy it once I noticed the serial number but between you and me, you can get any serial number you want when you build or have a custom built firearm.

Low number 50 on a Smith & Wesson .32 ACP Semi-Auto Pistol – 1 Of Only 957 Produced. Wish now that i didnt sell it.

Back