Anyone Have a Tactical Innovations Cohort Pistol?

weblance

I have been wanting a pistol I can use with Ruger 10/22 magazines. I bought a Ruger Charger, but that didnt give me what I wanted. I have seen the Intratec Scorpion, but wonder if its going to run well, and if I need parts, then what do I do? The Cohort seems very well made, and parts shouldnt be a problem. I realize the Cohort probably isnt a one handed pistol, but that isnt a problem for me, as its simply going to be a toy. I like the idea of clicking in my Black Dog drum magazine, and shooting all day long before reloading. If you own a Cohort, lets hear the good, and the bad...

imagemagic1_zpscae09da5.jpg

Cohort Came In

Today was a good day. My Tactical Innovations Cohort pistol came in, and another one I have wanted just happened to be in the gun case. Its the 3" GSG 922. I left with both.

I have always wanted a 10/22 based pistol, and after buying a Ruger Charger, I decided that wasnt going to satisfy the urge. After discovering the Cohort, I decided that might just do the trick. So, here it is, with a Burris FastFire III, and a HC Mags HC3R.

The second picture is the GSG. I wanted a short 1911 style 22. I have a threaded barrel adapter on order, so I can shoot it suppressed, and I will grab a couple extra magazines.

Picture001Small_zps9f894c11.jpg

Picture003Small_zpsf55400e4.jpg

Last edited:
A while ago we had a customer bring back a Cohort that couldn't make it through a magazine without malfunctioning (I can't remember what type of malfunction), even with factory Ruger mags. So our gunsmith sent it back to Tactical Innovations. When we got it back there was no explanation of what was fixed, but it had a new serial number so at the very least they switched out the receiver. But the gun still couldn't make it through a magazine. So we returned it and let the customer put that money towards a different gun. That was the last time I ever saw a Cohort for sale in our store.

I put 100 trouble free rounds through mine today, just to see how it ran. That was with the TI mag it came with, a Ruger BX25 and the HC3R.

Glad to hear it! Yeah, my experience with the Cohort comes from a sample size of one; I hope that problem my shop had was unusual and that yours is the norm.

Last edited:
Im surprised there were troubles with that other Cohort, as its a proven action style, and the Tactical Innovations parts are premium. Of course, the pistol is depending on a quality magazine, just like the 10/22 does. I put another 100 perfect rounds through my Cohort tonight, with the HC3R magazine. I tried an old 30 round Ramline, and had nothing but problems. My Cohort is going to be a lot of fun.

Just finishing up gathering the parts for a Cohort build!! A winter project. All TI aluminum parts. Anyone else here build one?
I know this is an oold thread.

Let us know how it goes. I recently bought two of the GSG 110 round drum magazines for the Ruger 10/22. These run perfectly in the Cohort. If you want ultimate capacity, these cant be beat. Can I ask what you are going to use for optics/sights? I would really like to find a good set of adjustable open sights that will fit the Pic rail. Any ideas?

I haven't thought of sights yet. I do want something that isn't dependent upon batteries however. Something more to gather.

Got all my parts gathered for my multi- Cohort pistol. Took a half a year. Soon I will assemble it but trying to hold off till the winter snow blows. Like a LEGO toy. You really don't want to know how much I have into this...About the price of three new 10/22 rifles. LOL

757185d1414268219t-glimpse-my-little-collection-got-all-parts-cohort.jpg

Last edited:
That'll draw some attention at the range!

How does it shoot?

(and I didn't make a single Buck Rogers comment!)

Put 1 mag (20) through it. Used my CCI Min Mags. 1 jam... not bad for 1st time. Just shot it out the back door and didn't try to hit anything. just bought it to build and toss in my collection. Works just fine for me,, paint ball sights are OK but need sun light.

Back