Anyone have a Ruger Target 1911 in 9mm?

I have the SR1911 9MM Target, and the SR1911 9MM Lightweight Commander. Both are excellent. My 9mm Target is one of those rare guns that runs with any ammo, and is accurate with everything as well. My fiance likes that she can rack the 9mm guns easily, and she is very fond of the Lightweight Commander. I have not shot it much, because she always has it in her hands.

So far mine has ran all 300 rounds without a malfunction. It is a joy to shoot with the soft recoil and I like the adjustable sights. I did add a Dawson fiber optic front sight.

Hammerhead said:
How is the trigger on your Ruger?

I'm not the Original Poster, but I can answer about mine. Its the best of the 6 Ruger SR1911s I have. They all have a bit of creep, but my SR1911 9MM Target is the lightest of all six. I also have the SR1911 10mm Target, and its heavier than the 9. I don't think the SR1911 Target models get any enhanced trigger components, based on the trigger in my 10mm Target, I think I just got lucky with my 9mm Target.

Mine is a great pistol, it runs many different brands, and weight of ammo reliably, and shoots one ragged hole at 10 yards over a rest.

Back