Anyone have a Kimber Evo?

OhioGuy

I shot one at the range today and thought it was a fantastic little pistol! It's weighted nicely and feels very solid, the night sights are easy to pick up in any light.

Anyone have one? The store was selling them at $599 and Kimber is running a $100 rebate. They don't sell well and a quick look shows there aren't that many holsters for them. But it just shot so well and fit my hand so nicely I really want to buy it for carry.

Thoughts? I know their SOLO model had all kinds of issues but this one has better reviews. Part of me says why spend $500 on a gun on clearance that holds 7 when Sig will sell me one that holds 12 for the same price. But man I just loved that Evo.

I have a Kimber 1911 but it's not an Evo. So I can't speak to that particular model. If the gun feels right to you and you shoot it well, why not buy it?

Alot of people seem to bad mouth and hate Kimber, myself own one currently, but had one years ago and both pistols gave no issues at all. They are tight, reliable, and accurate, if it gives you trouble try a better magazine. I've seen the factory mags to be problematic sometimes.

Back