anyone have a Glock grip reduction done?

Glock 22, by Robar
$180 - 2/98
also like it very much, points more naturally like a 1911

next Glock will be done by Arizona Response Systems www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/ - prices much cheaper, quality same if not better than Robar.

[This message has been edited by bk40 (edited January 17, 2000).]

ARS did the reduction on my G 23. Love it. Seems to melt into my hand. Points better too.

18 mos. ago it was $95.00 and a 3 week turn time.

Do it. You won't be disapointed.

------------------
Dan

Si vis pacem para bellum!

Check me out at:
<A HREF="http://www.mindspring.com/~susdan/interest.htm" TARGET=_blank>

www.mindspring.com/~susdan/interest.htm</A>
www.mindspring.com/~susdan/GlocksnGoodies.htm

Arizona Response Systems did my M20. Nice job, low price, fast turn-around.

They would get my business again.

ps If anyone could break a 'reduced' gun it would be me, but the Glock has held up to some extremely(!) high-pressure loads.

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

yep, local smith did a full size glock 45acp....Joe filled in the hole in the back strap and cut it down to fit my hand and put sand in epoxy with blk color and that gave a good grip ....unfortunately the reach was still too long for me....so I sold the pistol.....fubsy.

Had ARS do a G35 and a G27. The G35 points much better. However, I no longer have a need or desire to own the G35 and I can't sell it with a reduced grip to save my butt. So, if you get the grip reduced be aware that the resale value is destroyed. Just be sure you want to keep the gun and/or are willing to take a beating when you try to sell it.

I am in the process of trying to find a new frame to restore the gun to factory specs so I can sell it. Trying to find the frame is turning into an impossible task too. Might be some available in a few weeks...

BTW I have placed the ARS job side by side with a Robar done a few years back. I don't know about now, but the old Robar is much better looking.

How close do these reductions get to the size of the G17/22 frame on a G21? I can use a G21 and almost got one, but I like the grip on the G17 better and my fiancee couldn't quite reach the trigger (well, not the trigger safety, at least) on the G21. She can use a G17 pretty comfortably. Is there a reduction that will be durable (I'd want to shoot factory +P) and allow her to reach the trigger? I'd probably jump on it someday, when I'm a rich and powerful sixth grade teacher.
:)

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

Back