Anyone had their Glock slide re-finished in Chrome by Aro-tek?

obxemt

I have a 2nd generation Glock that functionally is fine, I have upgraded the firing pin and had some other parts replaced. The slide shows marked wear, and I am intrested in having it refinished for cosmetic purposes.

I've seen ads in some magazines for a company called aro-tek, I think in Washington state. $89.00 to have a slide chromed. It looks pretty tough, and was wondering from a practical standpoint how it has worked out, i.e. future wear, etc.

I printed a similar general question some time back regarding re-finishing, and was told that it was possible to have slides chromed, but did not get particular company names.

Also, If I want to send it back to Glock to have it done, anybody have a phone number, address, and approximate turn around time?

Thanks.

I had my Sig226 hardchromed about 6 or so years ago for IIRC about $100. It needed it because sopme of the stock finish wore off almost immediately from light holster use.

It is VERY good looking and VERY tough.

No visible wear anywhere, even after using the weapon in several classes/courses involving a lot of holster use.

Recently, I noticed that the rails have finally started to show some wear, but you can't see it unless the slide is off.

I have considered it for other pistols I own, but haven't followed through simply because it would be cosmetic, and the guy who did it for me moved to, I think, Nevada.

Terry Tussey is on the net, he is top notch. I think most outfits merely prepare the slide and send it out to be plated, at least I think Terry did.

I have no experience with other outfits, but if it is done properly, you will LOVE it.

hard chrome is a very strong and durable finish. however you're glock won't rust if some of the finish wears off. what's actually wearing off is the black posphate finish and not the tenifer finish which is below that and much more durable than it is.

hard chrome is pretty expensive and if you don't want to pay for it you can also sand off the rest of the black posphate finish from your glocks and polish up the tenifer finish. it will be kinda silvery colored and you can make it look either shiny or matte looking depending on how you sand and polish it.

Arotek is way over priced. Try tripp research - they chargae around $50 to chrome your glock slide.

Here is a couple of pics of my G23 with the phosphate removed, good ol fine sand paper took it right off without so much as a scratch.

View

View

View

Back