Anyone from CANADA who could help me out?.........

Misko

Inactive
I am new to this board, I always had secret admiration for firearms, and everything related to firearms. I don't own a gun or anything like that, but I was thinking about starting my own collection.
Here's what I need to know:
1.Where do I get the info on CANADIAN gun laws?
2.I always wanted to become a member of a good shooting range club, and learn as much as possible about all kinds of firearms especially handguns etc. Any ideas? where do I go? what do I do?????

Any other info or suggestions people? I would really appreciate any feedback from you people.
I am new to this whole thing and more than ready to learn.

THANX

Misko,

I recently moved from Canada to the USA because of the extremely prohibitive gun laws there. It sounds like you are residing in Canada, so I'll give a brief summary. For detailed info, see the following URL: http://www.cfc-ccaf.gc.ca/Training/Desk%20Manuals/FAOM/main_table_en.html
The above is the Canadian Firearms Officer's Desk Manual Online.

Rifles/shotguns: you must first obtain an 'FAC' (Firearms Acquisition Certificate). This involves taking a gun safety written test (multiple choice), being interviewed by the local police dept, and paying a fee (around $150 at last check). You may then own/transport longarms.

Restricted Firearms:
1) all handguns which are not prohibited firearms;
2) semi-automatic centre-fire rifles and shotguns that have a barrel length less than 470 mm and that have not been made prohibited;
3) rifles and shotguns that can fire after being reduced to an overall length of less than 660 mm, by any temporary means such as folding or telescoping; and
4) all firearms that the Governor in Council classifies as restricted in the regulations. These firearms are listed in Appendix 2-2 Part 2.

On Privacy: if you own a Restricted Firearm, or more than 10 Non-Restricted Firearms, you are subject to an inspection of your premises by an officer at their discretion.

Hope this helps!
Steve

ps. FWIW, move to the States now while you can still own firearms legally here!

Back