Anyone ever hear of a Haskell?

SW 586

A guy I work with has one in .45 ACP. Biggest and heaviest .45 I've ever seen or held. I swear the thing feels like a boat anchor. He wants to sell it for a C-note. Even if I couldn't hit anything with it, I could throw it at someone and kill 'em. Anyone know anything about this gun? Thanks.

I know its big, heavy, and feels like a boat anchor. Used to go shooting with a guy that had one of em about ten years ago. Thing always jammed and I didn't shoot good enough back then to know whether it was accurate or not.

Guess it depends on if you've got $100 to blow as to whether you want it for throwin. I would rather have $100 worth of ammunition for the guns I had than sink it into a Haskel.

Had one a few years ago--bought it from a friend who was in dire financial straits for $50. Shot 1 box of ammo through it just to see how it would run, surprisingly enough there were no failures to feed, fire, or eject. It was accurate enough, I suppose, didn't fire it any further than 10 yds. though. Sold it later for $100, figured I did OK. It's the firearm equivalent of a Bic lighter, I guess, better than nothing at all. I see them in pawnshops for $90-100, I've seen them new for $140. I definitely wouldn't pay over $100 for one, and I would have to be hard up to pay that much. You can do better (much better) for just a little more money. (Think MAKAROV.)

Back