Anyone ever BUY the dirty tricks course?

Lavan

Have seen ads in a friend's knife mag collection. Some guy from Visalia or Modesto in California who states (in 2 page ads) that he teaches how to beat ANY fighting discipline with a few sudden moves.

Hype or fact?

Yeah...I´ve seen it. The name is Tom Proctor. He is supposed to have a system that works even for teenage girls in order to knockdown a 300 pound Kick-boxer with just a few movements learned overnight, even if you have no previous skills.

Fantasy, perhaps.....:D

Better trust my .45

Rule to remember those types of self defense advertisements are like the ones for wieght loss pills. They promise quick results but in the end give you nothing.

Also, nothing makes you Superman no matter what they promise.

Sounds like TRS Publications--I believe that's the acronym. The two page "super-secret destroy any foe" ad is their trademark.

The thing is, they make even good teachers with good instructional videos sound like charlatans with their hype. I know several guys who did tapes with TRS, and they had no input into the ads or the production. Their own fault for being careless.

Quality of the material presented in these videos ranges from suicidal to actually quite good. It all depends on the presenter.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

If self-defense could be bottled everyone would have it.

False confidence is worse than no confidence at all.

If you train hard, you will be hard to beat.

You do not become a champion by training with a champion. You become a champion by training LIKE a champion.

The only reason more people aren't going to hell in a handbasket is because there is a shortage of handbaskets.

(okay that last one was just cause I like it)

"...he teaches how to beat ANY fighting discipline with a few sudden moves."

Ah, but what if the other guy also watched the tapes ?

very good question....:D

it would be like a draw or something......it all depends on how many times you have watched the tapes.....:D

The only reason more people aren't going to hell in a handbasket is because there is a shortage of handbaskets.

(okay that last one was just cause I like it)

:D

Yer a smart alek, kungfool! I like that about you!

;)

Of course I've seen those ads.......imagine if an entire class fought each other....there'd be no one left!.........*g*

Back