Anyone else use a S.L. Variant speedloader from Germany?

HighValleyRanch

Considered one of the best and fastest speedloaders. It has a fine adjustment for the angle so it can fit a range of guns. One press and the rounds are sprung into the chambers. Can be as fast as magazines in a semi auto.

The only problem is that they are rare as hen's teeth and in quite high demand. The five shot fits my J frames and LCR's and the six shot one fits my Kimber and Ruger sixes. I found mine on the auction sites for around fifty dollars each, had five and sold three for 125.00 each.

Well, one came up on fleabay recently and guess what it sold for last night............510.00 dollars! Yikes, I thought ammo was getting expensive!
But even for that tidy sum, I will not sell mine!
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 6.06.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 6.06.55 AM.png
    154 KB · Views: 611
Holy cow! I've always wanted one, but figured somebody here in the States would eventually make a close enough copy (nope), so I never tried just real hard. Looking at that price even makes the old dump pouches look good.

I believe there's an old saying that goes something like, "A fool and his money are soon parted." Well, there ya go!

Dave

I was going to just double that bid and end it, but what the heck. Let the peasants have some fun for a change.

Where's that cake?

Carrying two guns would be cheaper-and faster. Anytime I have to put a speed-loader in layaway before I can buy it is the reason not to buy it.

Buy Safariland Comp IIIs instead. They work just as fast and hold onto their rounds even when dropped.

I've had the SL Variants and really didn't see any advantage.

The Comp 1 is a push to release. Cylinder axis pushes a post nestled in the center of the circle of cartridges. Definitely not a manual twist the knob type.

You twist to set it. Not (to my mind) at all the same thing.

Back