Anyone else going to the World English?

Bud1

I'll be in San Antonio competing in the World English Sporting Clays Championships in April. Anyone else going? After reading about Dave McC's and others prowess with a shotgun, I'd love to see other TFLers in action.

Thanks for the flattery, Bud(G)...

But....

The truth MUST be told. A typical score for me on clays is 17-20/25, and if I ever hit one of those $%^&* rabbit things, time has dimmed the memory thereof.

On ATA style trap, I hit 24 straight, once.

I'm a generalist, and switch between disciplines and equipment too much to ever get GOOD at any one game, and might not even if I settled down and just did one aspect of shotgunning. But I wouldn't have as much fun so I won't.

If anyone in the Baltimore area is reading this, I can be found occasionally at the Marriotsville range sometimes, and I'll be shooting ATA trap on Sunday afternoons when I can find the time.I'll be the big ugly old guy with the ugliest 870 in Md.

World English

Hmmm...for what it would cost me to go to the shoot, I could shoot for an entire year at the local clubs.

Sadly those big shoots are very expensive. I know several folks who go and they always come back and complain. Too hot, too cold, lousy food, poor officiating, long waits to shoot, awfull targets.

I would rather shoot the monthly Connecticut Travellers Shoot that can be done in one day, or do the annual Ducks Unlimited shoot that benefits a great organization, than give one cent to the NSCA.

Been to a couple of the big shoots, would not go again. I prefer to shoot for recreation and fun, those shoots are too much like work.

Of course, I sincerely hope you have a great time, shoot well and win your class:)

Geoff Ross

Back