Anyone EDC a M9?

AERacing1813

I'm thinking about adding my Beretta M9 to my EDC rotation in a IWB leather strong side holster (which I'd have to purchase). I've owned this gun for many years and it runs like a tank! my usual EDC is my 5" 1911 so weight and size wouldn't be a issue (aside from the M9 being a little thicker)

Anyone else EDC the M9? let's see some photos!

There was a time when I was considering getting a Beretta 92FS or Taurus PT92 for EDC, but the size/weight ultimately turned me off. If I were going to EDC a Beretta, then I would sooner opt for a 92 Compact or a Beretta Cougar than a full-size.

However, obviously many military and law enforcement officers have carried a 92/M9 pistol daily, so it's definitely doable if you commit to it.

No. But I’ve been considering starting to carry my M9 compact. I’ve been thinking about AIWB lately and would feel safer with hammer fired gun.

Depending on what you carry now, you might have to go up a pants size for IWB for a full size pistol. I carry a XDM-45 compact and have to get pants 2" bigger. Just something to consider.

I'd say its doable but the M9 just feels like a chunk. I used to IWB carry a CZ-85B which is even heavier and it's fine with a good belt. Same size gun without the super thick grip of the Beretta.

You could always carry your M9 in an ankle holster like Arnold in Kindergarden Cop. I still wonder where he got that thing.

Back