Anyone doing small parkerizing jobs??

satx78247

New Friends,

I need the slide off my Sig-Sauer 9mm P-225/P6 pistol "blackened" (The finish is badly worn on the slide alone.) & no gun-shop around here wants "to bother with" only doing just a pistol slide.
(One 'smith near Austin said that he "might consider doing the slide" IF/WHEN he ever has "a big job to do." - He's never called me back.)

Manganese "Parkerizing" (in the closest to matt-black possible) would be excellent.

yours, satx

Last edited:
Yes, we do it. Click on the link to Summit Arms in my signature below. Ship it with contact info and a description of what you want done to it and I will include it with the next batch that goes in.

You should also consider Cerakote, esp. for a wear surface like a slide. It has much better abrasion resistance than any other coating, including parking. There are likely applicators in your area as this is done much more often than parkerizing these days...

I had my stamped steel Sig P220 slide dumped into the bluing tank earlier this month. It's never been blued since I got it in 1987. Came out fine.

I sent a Browning BDA .45 slide to Sig Saur and had it reblued about 2 yrs ago. The local shop wanted $350, Sig did them then for $99.00. I think they still are doing them and you could pick your poison at the time. Mine being a limited import from the late 70's, made by Sig for Browning, Sig knew what it was.

A suggestion.

I just checked their site and it's still the same price. You will need to ship it, but they will ship it back for 14 bucks flat rate.

Last edited:
Back