Anyone bringing in the Molot Tucan?

SDC

This is a new design by the same factory that does the Vepr, but these are a sporter-styled gas-operated semi-auto that feeds from a detachable Savage/Mannlicher-type detachable three-round rotary magazine. They look like an interesting idea, and I hope someone is importing them.

Attachments

• Tucan.png
    Tucan.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 84
Why is that ???

Would be illegal for migratory birds
I ask because I don't know why it would be illegal, when you only have a three round mag to feed from. What am I missing? .... :confused:

Be Safe !!!

3 rounds Max... 2 in the mag one in the chamber... A plug in onr hole that isn't easily removable (possibly a way to screw in a dowel) would make it migratory bird legal...

Brent

Under federal law the maximum total capacity allowed for hunting migratory birds is three -- two in the magazine and one in the chamber. One may plug a magazine to limit the number of rounds it holds, but the plug must be impossible to remove without dismantling the gun. From the description, I don't see how you'd make this shotgun legal.

Chances are a rotary magazine can be pinned/blocked so it will only take two shells.

What makes the gun interesting is the detachable magazine. Instead of a rotary type, maybe a double stack holding more than three.

The rotary magazine makes it illegal, you could theoretically have an infinitely loaded chamber, with multiple magazines.

It would be a stretch, but we are talking about our government.

Back