Anybody Squirrel Hunt in Arizona with a Dog?

hilltwin1973

Inactive
Hey guys, just arrived back in Arizona. I've been out of state for a couple of years and have got myself addicted to hunting squirrels with my dog. I don't have him right now but plan on getting him back before the hu nting season begins. I have an Original Mountain Cur that is 3 years old. I have yet to register him with the OMCBA but plan upon doing so. Just seeing if anyone else shares this passion with me in this state. Thanks for looking.

I was really hoping to find a group of people out here that hunted with dogs. I will not be disgruntled though and will still plan on going this coming season.

I hunt a lot of squirrels but have never done it with dogs. I bet it's a good time. I can't say I've ever seen anyone hunting them with dogs either. I'm gonna say it's not all that popular, at least around Flagstaff. What part of AZ are you in?

I live in Chandler now buy had lived in Flagstaff for about 3 years. I know it is uncommon out here but man once you have tried you are addicted. At least, I was and still am. When I bring him out I plan on taking him out and see what he can do to those bushy tails!

Yep here in Texas, a little Fiest dog and its on. Those little dogs love it too. My daughter got a young chiwawhua (however you spell it) me and that dog sit nearly every day on the porch and watch a bird feeder. Cat squirrels come and that dog will run tree them and I'll shoot them and she'll bring them to me so I can clean them. She just wants the tail to chew on in return. What a good deal for me!
But it is great fun to watch a sure nuff squirel dog work.

Back