Anybody own or shoot the Magnum Research BFR in .45-70?

Gewehr98

I'm thinking about an early birthday present to myself, and since I load cast-bullet .45-70 rounds for a Rolling Block Creedmoor and a Siamese Mauser, I thought I'd take the concept one step further and get one of those stainless revolvers chambered for five of the big rounds. I'm no stranger to recoil in handguns, I have a Wichita Silhouette that fires a .30-30 based wildcat, so I'm really interested in fit, finish, function, and accuracy of the big Magnum Research revolver. Anybody? Anybody? Ferris Buehler?:cool:

By all means take the plunge. I bought one a couple months ago and am still trying things. Fit and finish are excellent. In my case the revolver is just as accurate as the shooter. I really haven't shot it enough to become real proficient. Finally have most of my reloading stuff so there isn't any excuse. I think you will really like this gun. Recoill is suprisingly mild. The weight and the grips help. Very easy to control. Not much more than my Mod. 57 .41 mag with full house loads. Actually recoil is not as sharp as the .41.

Back