Anybody own a Taurus mod 415?

J. Parker

Just ordered one today. Likes or dislikes? Has the holster market caught up with the mod 415 yet? Any experience with this revolver and /or holster recommendations will be appreciated. Thank you, J. Parker

I have one.

I have shot it quite a bit with 210gr factory loads and it kicks like hell straight back, but with minimal muzzle flip.
It is not for the recoil sensitive shooter.
I have a kydex holster that was made by a local guy here, he took the gun and I had a holster in an hour.
Mine had the bad habit of light striking on PMC ammo, but my gunsmith fixed it for me. It was cheaper than sending it back to Taurus for the free work.
I also had a trigger job done that dramatically improved the action.

All in all, I am very pleased with it and now I want one in titanium. I am a masochist. :D:D
Good luck with yours and let us know what you think of it once you get to wring it out. :D

Mikey

Thanks Mikey for your response. I wanted someting lightweight but yet reasonably powerful for out in the woods while hiking, bummin' or riding my ATV. I've owned 44 maggies in the past but I'm sure I'll have to hang on to this one with stout loads. I already have 175gr Silvertips, 210gr Rem SP's and Federals 250gr hunting loads (ouch!). Anyway, thanks again for the info. Best Regards, J. Parker

Back