Anybody ordered from Brownell's lately

Has anybody ordered from Brownell's lately? I ordered some scope bases and rings on Thursday last week and they are still not here.

Shipping times said 5-7 Business days and it's been 8. I talked to somebody at Brownell's because I was going to cancel my order and order from somewhere else because they were cheaper but she gave me free shipping and said it never takes more than 5 days to get from IA to TN.

Well it's been 8. They are using that service where FedEx drops it off to the Postal Service and it ended up sitting in MS for 4 days!

I should have ordered from the other place because even with shipping it was less than Brownell's with Free Shipping. Maybe I'm offbase here but taking 8 business days to get here (9 including the weekend) is awful.

For what they charged me before getting free shipping, it should have been here in 3 business days.

Since weekends do not count as business days, today (Friday) today would be the 6th day after the day of ordering. I also suspect you are not their only customer. And then there is the USPS to consider.

Perhaps you need to learn about patience.:rolleyes:

If you have the FedEx Smart Post tracking number, you can track the progress of the package up until the point where it is handed off to the local post office. If you have a Brownells online account, the tracking number is available by going to your recent orders and selecting the view order link for this order.

Ordered some 1911 springs & barrel bushing from Brownells. 5 working days, no problem. Customers, you can order 100 times with no problems, one screw up, its like they killed ya dog.

I think my orders from Brownells average about 4 days, from the order to delivery. They are generally faster than Midway, who is less than 100 miles away.

Customers, you can order 100 times with no problems, one screw up, its like they killed ya dog.

Yes, this is very true. I’ve ordered a lot of stuff from Brownells with no problem, but there were two orders along the way with issues. For me it wasn’t the fact that they had a problem, but how they handled it. In both instances they were very apologetic, offered free expedited shipping, discounted prices and even a free hat. So, yes any company can drop the ball occasionally, but it’s how they respond that makes the difference.

If they already shipped it, then it isn't Brownell's problem.
If the package is late, then you should direct your complaints FedEx and USPS.

In my opinion, 8 days is not terrible, especially if there wasn't a guaranteed time frame or delivery date quoted.

But, the real question is when, exactly you ordered.
Was it the 10th?
Or the 17th?
Your statements weren't very clear about that, and also contradict a bit...

I should have ordered from the other place because even with shipping it was less than Brownell's with Free Shipping. Maybe I'm offbase here but taking 8 business days to get here (9 including the weekend) is awful.
That doesn't even make sense.

I think you had a holiday in there,too (Veteran's Day)

I have had some issues with the hybrid shipping,myself.But Brownell's is not in that business.

I think if you select the Priority shipping,likely you will get your delivery.

This "handoff shipping" where a carrier gets the UPS or FedEx truck to the postal service,then handsit off to the postal service,does seem to have compromises,at times.
I have noticed,via tracking,that,yes,a package can sit for 3 days in some depot.
I think that comes with "econo" or "free" shipping.I am not in the business,I'm guessing.I think there is a triage,or priority system.Expediting.

If there is not room on the truck,pr a manpower issue,the "free" hybrid shipping stuff waits.
How does that get to be Brownells fault? Postal service,maybe.They have to get all the junk mail delivered,you know!

Back