anybody heard of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bner21

Inactive
I posted a topic a little while ago about .9mm for my wife. We found a couple she likes. One a Beretta Border Marshall, the other a CZ75. The seller said that nothing shoots more accurately, right out of the box, than a CZ. He didn't say that the Beretta wasn't a good gun, just that the CZ was better. If anybody knows something different, I would like to know. Thanks.

First, whatever the choice, the pistol should fit your wife's hand; this means easy trigger reach and an ability to operate the safety.

Next, I would choose the Beretta because it is made in the U.S.A., which means parts and service backed by Beretta's warranty. If so desired, more pre-ban magazines (15 rounds) are available for the Beretta 92 FS (which the Border Marshall is in 9mm).

Third, the Beretta open-slide design is well-proven and reliable. Fourth, the gun will hold its value over time.

There is nothing wrong with the CZ75. It does not though enjoy the same level of after-sale support as the Beretta does. Also, the CZ75 tends to lose value on the used gun market.

[This message has been edited by Trevor (edited October 02, 1999).]

My personal preference is towards the CZ. Feels better in my hand and I can't justify the large size of the Beretta for a 9mm.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

I dislike the size of the Berreta 92, particularly in the slide area.

I don't like how the slide-mounted safety/decocker remains in the "safe" position after decocking. I'd prefer the SIG style decocker that automatically returns to its original position after being manipulated or I'd prefer the CZ/1911 style safety that performs a safety on/off function only.

The single action trigger on the CZ is quite a bit shorter and smoother than the Berreta, so that may be of some help.

[This message has been edited by Destructo6 (edited October 02, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back