Anybody have the CZ-75 .22 conversion kit?

Andrewh

I just read about them in American Rifleman, and looked it up on their site, but was curious if anyone actually had one.
I don't own a cz, but the Springfield equivalent the P9 in 40. I was hoping it would work for me too.

I have one of the Kadet .22LR conversion kits. It's a great item and works good on the full size CZ-75B, the Compact and the PCR. Very accurate. Not as reliable as I would like but it's a range toy and not a defensive item so I don't let that bother me. It tends to like hotter ammo like Federals as opposed to some Winchesters i tried.

I have no idea at all if it will fit on and work on a P9. Probably the only way to find out would be to try it. Personally, I don't think I'd do that unless someone from Springfield told me it was OK. Even a .22 can be dangerous if everything is not the way it's supposed to be.

Joe

My kit is great, and fully reliable with ammo it likes, which is a typical .22 trait. I would also be concerned about the fit. Perhaps you can find a CZ shooter who will let you size up your pistol next to his.

Thanks. I will take a look at the forum.
As for if Springfield says it is okay, I have found them to be less than supportive on all that, just because they don't sell it anymore, and they are a bit pissed about it.
Don't get me wrong, they will, and have fixed it if it brakes, but not if I want any add ons or extras.
I sent it back to them for the ambi saftey braking. They replaced it with a right handed because they couldn't make an ambi that didn't brake.
I asked about ported barrels, either theirs or after market. And they don't make them and don't recommend any they don't make.
So I expected the same for the 22 conversion kit.
Thanks again guys.

railroader- Thanks. I actually already saw that on the cz forum. I just have to find the measurements now to see if it will fit.
Say would any of you be willing to take a caliper to it and tell me what you get for the rails across, and depth if you can.
For instance on mine, on the frame, the inside rails,(the widest point for the slide,) Measures .956 inches. The rail of the slide,(the widest point on the slide) measures .955 inches

The narrowest part of the frame reads .7795 (guestimated the last .ooo5) and the narrow part of the slide .778

These are thicknesses of the rail, and what it fits into.
You can just get a caliper on the rail of the slide and it measures .0845 inches. the frame match up is .0825

the rail on the frame is .090 inches. The slide match up is .096

Depth of the grove in the slide is .0145.
And I can only guess at the depth in the frame. .05 from the small side, and .1 from the big side.

Thanks in advance if someone can take the time.

.22 Kit?

If you want advice on Czs..then come on over! TFL is great.
as there are so many CZ lovers here!Go.. Don Gwinn! When u
want a CZ at a good price..come to CZF!

url]

I may be wrong but aren't the springfield and the witness pistols made by the same company. I think I've seen conversions for witness pistols somewhere. Maybe one would fit your springfield.

Witness and P9 are made by Tangfolio

The EAA Witness and former Springfield P9 are made by Tangfolio of Italy. The EAA Witness are still available.

Go CZ!

Pilot

I have a .22 Kadet kit I purchased from Northeast Firearms (URL posted in a reply above) - good item from a good man, he offers discounts to people who use his website. I only paid $189 for my kit.

The kit is a ton of fun - you'll be amazed at how often you have to go to WalMart and buy those 500-round bricks of .22 ammo!

LIke all CZ products, it's well-made and finished. It adds value to a handgun that is already one of the best values on the market today.

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC

Back