Anybody have one of these?

cougar gt-e

Hi,
I know it's not a real C&R because of the conversion to semi-auto, but has anyone gotten one of these?

Last edited:
http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/p/sterling-carbine,-7-62x25mm-by-wiselite-/products_id/4318

My computer skills seem to have slipped a bit:o

sorry!

4%20Sterling%20Sporter%207.62x25%2016in%2015-1941.jpg

Someone I know is on his 3rd one.
The first was built with the front & rear sections misaligned so the sights were off by an insane amount.
It was replaced by his second one which broke firing pins instead of firing bullets, that is now being replaced by his third one.:eek:

One of the guys showed up with one at the range a while back. I didn't shoot it, but I have to say that it reminded me of a caulking gun with a barrel and a magazine, painted over with textured fireplace paint. He didn't have any problems shooting it, but it just looked for all the world like solution in search of a problem.

He didn't have any problems shooting it, but it just looked for all the world like solution in search of a problem.

That is unless he wanted a cheap example of a firing replica. The gun itself was an advanced SMG for its time. I myself would not want a semi auto replica of one BUT I can appreciate why someone else might.

You might want to consider the Suomi M31 that J&G is selling if you have not made a purchase yet. They have relatively few problems. At $399 it's pretty cheap per pound too. I got one and I swear it tips the scales at more than 16lbs with a full (71 round) drum magazine. It comes with a 30 round stick mag as well. Nice arctic birch stock - similar to the wood used on Finn Mosins.

If it stops shooting, you can always pound fence posts with it.

You might want to consider the Suomi M31 that J&G is selling if you have not made a purchase yet.

Looked at those, but wanted a carbine for the 7.62x25. I now have one of the Sterlings on the way to the local fun shop. A few rounds of ammo are already here.

Pictures to follow.

Also looked at the Polish PPS-43 pistol version that is $399. That's a cool gun but to make it a carbine by adding a longer barrel ($150) and "fixing" the folding stock adds cost and opens up the 922r can of worms. Don't need to dance that dance. Guess I could have just cone short barrel, but that's $200 for the stamp and 6 months wait.

Buddy of mine has a real one he bought at a gun show, long ago. As in a Sterling Police Carbine Mk VI. Not a cobbled together replica. Semi-auto only from the factory, not a semi-auto conversion, in 9mm. No extended barrel either.
Never came in 7.62 x 25.

Got the call from the fun shop and brought the weapon home. It's actually quite nice looking and dry cycling is smooth. Showed it to a buddy and he too was impressed by fit and finish. Yes, it's a conversion from 9mm but that's not all bad. I've found a place that has carbine length 9mm barrels for it and the 9mm mags are pretty cheap. Dual caliber for only 150 more. ;) But, while 7.62x25 is still 7.6 cents a round I'll be feeding it that! Only "bad thing" is the 3rd position of the safety doesn't work :(. (That's the position for full auto). But, I'm guessing the BATFE would need a $200 check first ;)

Will have to wait to fire it as the snow is still covering up the range area.

Back