Anybody have experience with a drogunov?

Rob B

Inactive
I saw one in the gunlist for $700 with a 6X42mm "tactical" scope. I was wondering about their accurasy? Will they hold at least 1.5" MOA? Another concern is the quality of the optics suplied. I have shot through some of the compact russian telescopic sights on Romanian AK's and I dislike them quite a bit. Since it is basically an extended version of the AK type rifle I would assume durability is excellent. Just need to know if it has the same poor accurasy of the AKM or is an honest to goodness "sniper" rifle.
Any pages with reviews will be greatly appretiated.
Thanks a lot.

Rob, for that price is would not be a Russky Dragunov, probably a Romanian "Dragunov". The Russky is made from a separate gun design than an AK 47, using a short stroke piston. The Romanian is made from an RPK or whatever the light machine gun version of the AK is called, with the typical long stroke AK gas system.

The Russky will shoot pretty well with military 7.62 X 54R ammo, pretty much as well as I can hold it, which is slightly under 1 inch at 100 yards using its 4X PSO1 scope from the bench.

Interestingly, the Dragunov is the first military rifle to be specifically designed as a sniper rifle, not adapted from another weapon.

I can't say how good the Romanian Dragunov would be.

------------------
Remember: When you attempt to rationalize two inconsistent positions, you risk drowning as your own sewage backs up... Yankee Doodle

Rob.....
these models 1. Russian Drag... 2. Russian SVT.... 3. Chinese Drag (NDM-86) and 3. a Romak3 (the romainian one) 4. New type Russian Drag and the 5. VEPR/SAIGA type

I have not yet tried numbers 4 & 5.

the Romainian one IS NOT a drag design... BUT... it shoots just as well as the others... the main differance seems to be the the Romak should not be used with ammo that you "tune" yourself as it has no gas adjustment system... the other do.... all of them (with the exception of the SVT.... too old and parts are hard to find) would be a good thing to have.... the Romak is the cheap one (as far as price goes).... a lot of information may be found on the SVT site....http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/wwwboard/board2/..... good luck!!

thse two guys are associates..... some of thier site links also go to the Mosen-Nagant Finn & Mauser weapons sites.

Back