Anybody Ever Worry About Some of These Newb Posts Getting Way Ahead of Themselves....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

Anybody Ever Worry About Some of These Newb Posts Getting Way Ahead of Themselves....especially in broken English and talking about concealed carry, zombie prep and prepping for battle all at once?

They usually sound like,

What high cap Pistol.....would like 25+ in the mag, dot night sight with DA/SA striker tactical pull in a good zombie caliber like 500 s&w(shot my girl's On Tuesday morning)....do I need a rifle too or can I get a stock for this pistol?

I know, I know, I need training, tactical gear to carry like 30 hi cap mags and a good carbon bullet proof plate, etc. so pumped!

I hear cars from Canada have thick doors bulletproof? I try next week at night shoot...buddies car...lcan't wait to shoot with technical strobe on my zombie blaster!

Would like to ccw same gun.

I was a gun train person in Australia.

These posts get like 10+ responses of decent advice for something....I worry.

Yes. That type of stuff, and things like people asking how to field strip their 1911 so they can do a trigger job on it. Constant discussion of "Builds" by people who seem to have only a rudimentary knowledge of what they are undertaking. How to lighten the slide so the gun cycles faster, so they don't have to wait to get off the next shot. Wanting to lighten triggers on their carry gun so they can shoot more quickly in mortal combat, etc,etc,etc. I see the results for sale at every large gun show.
I have to wonder if there is more than a little carry over from the combat video game world?

"I have to wonder if there is more than a little carry over from the combat video game world?"

I have read too many threads that sound exactly like this comment....

and threads started about wanting advice on a firearm...that no one in their right mind would use for CCW or self defense......and the ones that really rub raw...are advice from those....whose only experience with a weapon is watching it on "You tube"....

Last edited:
i'm a newb here also. can anyone help me with converting my high point 9 to full auto. i herd it is easy. also what hi capacity clips are the best ?
what 5.11 gear is bullet proof ?

Yes, I worry about them. We (as a community) have to be prepared to point them in the right direction.

With that said, however well-intended this thread may have been, it's kind of an invitation to bash the newbies to shooting, and we'll not do that here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back