Anybody ever order direct from Berry's bullets?

FoghornLeghorn

I usually order them from MidwayUSA but they're all sold out and no backorder.

Berry's website said they had what I wanted in stock but that the demand is so much that they're not even estimating when they'll ship.

They also said they're so busy that they're neither answering the phone nor email.

Had anybody ordered from them recently? How long are they taking?

I prefer to buy direct from Berrys. They pay shipping on orders above $50 or $75. With the free shipping the net cost is lower. Midway and MidsouthShootersSupply charge for shipping. Bullets are heavy. No need to ship from Utah to mid-America, and then to you.
EVERY VENDOR has delays right now. I have had an order at Midsouth waiting for 10 business, still has not shipped. It is not a good time to need stuff in a hurry. I stocked up long ago.

I bought several things from Berry's at the Louisville NRA Annual Meeting and they shipped it out fairly promptly after the meeting was done. No complaints. I expect they will take care of you as soon as they are able.

We get these "shortages" every time there is a crisis or a gun-unfriendly election result. I read an article explaining the phenomenon with the example of over-buying toilet paper. It's what they call a zero-risk bias. People want to do "something" in the current situation, so they find something that makes them more comfortable and that they will use eventually and doesn't cost them anything so they feel they have done "something" the crisis, even if it did next to nothing to alleviate the actual crisis.

I usually buy directly from Berry's as well. When I order its usually several K at a time in one or more calibers. As mentioned they handle the shipping costs so it trims the cost a bit.

They also usually have their Hybrid HP in stock where others might have a back order listed. Not that it is a direct replacement for the Gold Dots i normally shoot, but they are close enough for a standby and practice.

I have always bought direct from Berry's but I haven't bought anything since the COVID-19 panic buying set in, so I have no idea how backed up they are. They have always been good about answering the phone and responding to e-mails so if they say they're too busy ... my guess is that they are overwhelmed.

Thanks for the responses. They are overwhelmed but, no, I'm in no hurry for these particular bullets.

And the observation about shipping is spot on. They've gotten a customer for life.

I also ordered some bullets from MidwayUSA which will be here tomorrow, but I had to pay extra for shipping.

thanks again

(Edited to add: they weren't supposed to be here "tomorrow." I misunderstood the shipping notice.)

Last edited:
Years ago I bought directly from Berrys, it got where they didn't have bullets in stock and I went else where. I've used plated 9 MM bullets from several different suppliers, I can't tell the difference when shooting them. Berrys are shinier than some of the others but that don't make them shoot better..I buy from whoever has the best price and has them in stock.

I have used the bulletworks, RMR, Ranier , Everglades, maybe another. The RMRs may actually be jacketed bullets but price was very close.

I have used the bulletworks, RMR, Ranier , Everglades, maybe another. The RMRs may actually be jacketed bullets but price was very close.

Thanks for the resources. Ranier went out of business. Bulletworks is hard cast. But Everglades looks good. I've never heard of them. I'll check them out.

Thanks again.

thebulletworks,net sells plated as well as cast. Their website has been down for a month or so, I hope they reopen. Dardas is already gone.

Ever? (the title said "ever") Yes, I used to order bullets direct from Berry's. Never had a problem, but that was 20 years ago. I continue to buy Berry's occasionally when I see them at Cabela's and I have Cabela's Bucks to burn, but mostly I cast my own bullets now. I haven't even cast anything in about a year because I have a few thousand already and I don't shoot all that much anymore. (I should work on that this summer)

Used to order from Berry's but their prices are always more than any other place including shipping, so now as pete2 mentioned I get them from wherever has the cheapest price. Normally I order in the fall when almost everyone has free shipping, then order a couple 1000'k of everything I need.

Thanks for all the responses. It's nice to know there are men of a kindred spirit on the interwebs.

I ordered 500 Hornady 45 cal 230 grain round nose bullets from MidwayUSA on 4/10/20. It arrived today.

I ordered Berry's 44 cal 220 grain plated flat point on 4/15/20. Berry's website was full of caveats about backed up shipping, not have time to answer the phone, etc. I half figured I was going to give them to myself as a Christmas present.

The Berry's arrived with the Midway order.

Not bad. 5 days.

If Berrys is out of stock, you can't put that item in your cart. You will see a Sold Out banner, and no way to order.
If they let you order, that seems to indicate they have it on hand.
One other thing: MidsouthshootersSupply prices are lower than Midays, does not charge state sales tax (while Medway does), and Hazmat only adds $16.50 to your order.

I’ve bought a few thousand Projectiles directly from Barry’s in the last six weeks . They all shipped and were delivered within five days of order . I was amazed how fast I got them considering the COVID-19 issues we are having . So I ordered even more and I’m waiting for another thousand to arrive . I ordered them on Friday I’ll let you know when they arrive . .

I bought several things from Berry's at the Louisville NRA Annual Meeting and they shipped it out fairly promptly after the meeting was done. No complaints. I expect they will take care of you as soon as they are able.

We get these "shortages" every time there is a crisis or a gun-unfriendly election result. I read an article explaining the phenomenon with the example of over-buying toilet paper. It's what they call a zero-risk bias. People want to do "something" in the current situation, so they find something that makes them more comfortable and that they will use eventually and doesn't cost them anything so they feel they have done "something" the crisis, even if it did next to nothing to alleviate the actual crisis.
BTW--this weekend only I am selling 1000 rolls of toilet paper @ only $2:00 a roll.;)

Mine just arrived

I just received my order from Berry's . I mis-spoke before , I placed the order Thursday the 16th of last week . Still not to bad in these times . My other orders were delivered in about the same amount of time , maybe a day or two quicker . I just know it was faster then I thought they would be and Free shipping , I think you need to spend $100 or more for the free shipping though .

BTW--this weekend only I am selling 1000 rolls of toilet paper @ only $2:00 a roll

Yeah but can you deliver them as fast as Berry's can . I can only hold it for so long :eek::D

Last edited:
:DIt's times like this I'm glad I learned to cast my own bullets oh so long ago. It has served me well through several "shortages". :D
Paul B.

Been a few yrs ago but I bought if I remember, some blems from them..direct.

They will not supply load data for their bullets.

Back