Anybody estimate score for me?

Aquajunky02

I'm not very good at scoring deer. I have been getting lots of videos of this 8 point. Generally I wouldn't be to excited but I kinda like his rack. Lol. Any ideas what he would score if I do decide to smoke him?
3f2474d682e5ed634e00913fe160e9ad.jpg

44b39988dde37992a2418ddda164d810.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is a nice deer but i doubt he would make 130. Lack of tines and width being the reason. Has nice bases on him tho. Next year he will be better.

I was hoping for around 120-130, but I was worried about the spread more than anything. He looks to have good mass which is where I generally have troubles scoring them.

"I was hoping for around 120-130, but I was worried about the spread more than anything. He looks to have good mass which is where I generally have troubles scoring them."

My SWAG is right in that neighborhood and maybe less if the main beams aren't as long as they look.

+1

Yeah, I agree, about 120. He is indeed a good deer though, and depending on your circumstances, a very fair trophy. He might just make P&Y at 125, and his mass is VG. He's got that high narrow look about him that typically is exhibited by 3-1/2 yr olds around here. He needs more tine length and width, but...........

I was thinking he was about 3 1/2. It's a northeast Kansas deer. We have some big boys running around the area. I don't want to fill my buck tag on a small one just yet. If I don't connect with a monster during the rut I may take a smaller one.

I agree with Rich - probably not over 115". I would expect much better bucks to be in your general area. Good luck!

I agree with Rich - probably not over 115". I would expect much better bucks to be in your general area. Good luck!

I know there is. I talked with some kids that hunt just down the road and they had some monsters on cam. They out there for sure.

Might even be smaller than 115. But you can't eat the horns unless you're part porcupine.

Lol. True story. I just like antlers. I can only shoot 1 buck but can get 5 antlerless tags. Technically I can only fill 1 antlerless at my house though. I gotta drive down the road to another unit for the other 4. I miss the urban management unit line by about 2 miles.

I'd probably pass on that buck. Not really "trophy size" and likely a little too old for best eating. On the other hand, he's probably not going to get much bigger if he's 3 1/2 and only 12-14" wide.

I too doubt if he'd go 120. I agree with upstate81, he looks to have good potential and would be more impressive next year. No shame in smokin' him this season tho.

Back