Anybody else have this problem with their Kahr magazines?

vmaam

Even though I didn't experience any problems with premature slide lock back that occured on some P9s, I sent mine in last month and had them install the fix as a pro-active measure. Since then, I had one of the magazine button stops (I don't know what they're called, but it locks the slide back after the last shot) get impeded by damage to the plastic beside the button. This caused the stop button not to protrude enough to stop the slide. I can also see on the spare mag that the same type of impact is happening although it hasn't caused the slide not to lock back after the last shot. It seems easy enough to fix as all I have to do is trim the plastic back that is blocking the button. But it looks like something on the slide stop is damaging the plastic on the magazine when it fires the last round??????

Sorry for the long post, but has anyone experienced this?

I would like to help. Could you clarify a bit?

Kahr mags have a steel 'button' imbedded in the lip of the plastic follower where it contacts the steel tongue of the slide lock. This is to prevent undue wear of the steel slide stop acting on a just a bare plastic follower.(I would like to see other makers follow suit.) There really should be no impact wear there.

Are you saying that the inner wall of the frame, under the slide stop cut-out, is somehow peened over? I could see this preventing the follower from rising up far enough to force the slide lock up.

VictorLouis,

Yes, it appears that the plastic groove under and beside the steel button has received a blow from something that caused it to partially block the steel button from fully protruding out. Does that help? I realize that it is hard to envision.

I did not see anything similar on my mags.

The buttons only protrude about 1/8" from the upper portion of the follower. When I force the followers down into the mag body, the button contacts the upper edge of the sheet metal just slighty before continuing down. The edges of both are beveled, so the follower is not impeded in any way.

I can imagine these being installed by being heated and forced into the plastic piece, though I don't know for sure. Maybe they were overzealous on a few? Perhaps its time for a call to their customer service.

Back