Anybody else agree the new Gunbroker layout is not good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthTellers

For those who don't know, Gunbroker.com recently changed their layout. Before it was very easy and fast to use, but know that they changed it yesterday, it's a frustrating change that makes it more difficult to use.

Anybody disagree?

Unfortunately, change =/= improvement. Too many web site developers don't understand this. Change for the sake of change is (IMHO) stupid.

If it ain't broke ... don't fix it.

I must have been an unknowing beta tester. I've been using the new format for about five months.

I don't like the information presentation, but don't mind the new(er) bid/price arrangement.

I sent them a request about the search function needs some correction. Returning all the adds where someone mentions another caliber really shouldn't return firearms or such when you want a specific caliber or cartridge.

Unfortunately the web developers are now using tools that default to building cell phone appearances by default. So if you don't use a phone you get, at least in my opinion, poorer performance. Since I don't spend time on a phone shopping I don't know if I would consider this an improvement or not.

I would guess about 6 months ago I searched for Smith 952 in semi auto pistol sub group, something I often did and would usually get maybe 3 to 5 results. Now I get around 25 results with maybe 2 or 3 of them correct. We exchanged several emails but for the most part they were just canned responses. I asked them to duplicate what I did and explain the results. Never really got anywhere. I tried a few other searches and got similar results. I can't for the life of me understand why they would think it was better. Anyone have a theory why?

IMHO the old format sucked pretty hard. I wish they had better controls for manipulating the results list. Where is sorting?? In list mode the price should be on the far right, the decription on the far left. I'm sure there's lots more things to complain about.
Well it looks prettier.

Agreed, I like the old version better. I'm sure I'll get used to this one though, like with most everything else that changes.
Does anybody have issues with the anti-bot checks it has (click here to verify you're not a robot)? I click on it and/or play it's stupid picture matching game to verify I'm not a robot, then it has me do it again...and again...sometimes 4 times in a row, before finally letting me go to the page.

Anybody else agree the new Gunbroker layout is not good?

I totally 100% agree. I just got off GB and hate how the page for whats for sale is laid out. It was much easier to use when it was just a list down the page. And yep, change for the sake of change with no real purpose behind it.:mad:

I thought they might have the option to use the old format but if they do I can't find it.

I totally 100% agree. I just got off GB and hate how the page for whats for sale is laid out. It was much easier to use when it was just a list down the page. And yep, change for the sake of change with no real purpose behind it.:mad:

I thought they might have the option to use the old format but if they do I can't find it.
I agree that it totally sucks.

Yes, I'm sure that I will get used to it, and it will grow on me...

You CAN change from the grid view to a list view.

Mmm-kay... this doesn't seem to have anything to do with the content of the website, and we're not really about critiquing web design, so I think this one is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back