Any TFLers near Salem, Oregon???

I have a brother-in-law and sister-in-law (she's from Oz, he's a Septic) living in Salem.

My wife and I will be visiting them -- sometime -- before they come to Oz to live (Why????)

Any TFLers near there, I would love to start an e-mail "friendship", 'cause next time I'm there, I'd sure love to come and have a few (?) beers and have a few shots, even if just at tin cans!

Because of the way our government hates gunowners, I won't put my e-mail address up for all to see. But, if anyone wants to contact me, please post and I will get in touch somehow.

Cheers -- and looking forward to a "chat".

Bruce

I used to live in Oregon....and I know a fair bit about the state I called home for 20+ years.

Email me in private for any questions you want answered.....I can rattle on sometimes.

Duncan

Bruce,

My wife and I are about 45 min drive from Salem. Depending on when, and dare I say it, Y2K, we might be able to visit. Send me an email and we'll see what happens.

Jon...

although I rarely post here I am avid handgunner (primarily the Glock) and live in Canby Oregon, 25 miles north of Salem on I-5.

SDnR

Thank you, people, for your kind responses.

I have put your names in my "scrapbook" and will contact you when a visit gets a little closer.

Cheers
Bruce

Dang, Bruce! I was just in Oregon from Eugene to Bend to Salem to Portland for two weeks last month! I had some friends there whom I'm sure would have loaned me a pistol and/or a rifle or two to go shooting with you!

Let us know when you head up there, and if I'm in the area, the first and the last pints are on me!

My fiance' and I live just S of Portland but she's from Dallas, just SW of Salem and her folks are still there. When you come to visit please fell free to give me a 'heads up'. BTW, what's a 'Septic'?

DUNCAN: you relocated to SF and this past January I relocated here to Oregon after 40+ years in SF. I sure do miss The City. Go Niners!

STOPDROPNROLL: Have you shot any of the tactical matches at Tri-County Gun Club near Tualatin?

[This message has been edited by SKN (edited August 26, 1999).]

Septic is septic tank, rhyming slang for yank.
You all will be able to spot Bruce easily, he will be driving on the wrong side of the road :)
I found it quite spooky at first sitting in the front seat of a car where the steering wheel was meant to be. I did hire a car and drive, after a day I was used to it but when I started driving again here it felt weird for a few days.
What's the deal with those 4 way stop signs? If everyone arrives at the same time who goes first?

Who goes first? The truck with the gun rack! :D

Actually, the guy to the left should yield right-of-way. (By Texas law, nobody HAS the right of way! For other states I don't know.)

In the improbable chance all four arrive at the same time, everybody waits until someone motions the guy on his right to go. Everybody waits for the first one. (There always will be someone wanting to go first!) Then each person on the left yields to the one on the right. The fact that the right of way is something "yielded" rather than "taken" prevents (in theory) get-togethers in the intersection.

Simple really. Much easier than coping with driving on the "wrong" side of the road (especially during emergency maneuvering!).

Dennis,

What if there are 2 trucks with gun racks? In that case, I'd think the one with the biggest wheels goes first. :)

------------------
"An Eley's No. 2 is an excellent argument
with gentlemen who can twist steel pokers
into knots."
--Sherlock Holmes

My cousin who was living in Houston for a couple of months forgot one day and turned into the wrong lane and drove on the wrong side of the road for a little while, I think her dad did it once too.
So if you see someone on the wrong side of the road theuy aren't drunk theyare just Australian, or maybe the two mean the same things.
Now don't get me started on your bathrooms - they are weird too.

Coinneach,
LOL! Yeah, there are a number of elements to the concept of domination. 4x4 v 4x2. Age, dents, dirt, etc. Physical appearance and aggresiveness of the driver. Who's in a hurry today? etc. etc.

rabbit assassin - Your cousin's adventure reminds me of one incident my son and I had in Bermuda. I was on a rental scooter and he was on the back seat. We were going around a blind curve when he leans up and says, "Uh, Dad, aren't you supposed to be on the other side of the road?" I never knew a scooter could go sideways that fast and still stay upright! :)

Back